Burnout doesn't happen overnight. It's small choices you make every day that put you on the path to burnout. But what if you knew what to look out for?
Since starting to work remotely, you've probably been on an endless burnout battle:
- Overworking yourself
- Feeling constantly exhausted
- Never being able to turn 'off' from work
But it doesn't have to be this way. I started working remotely in 2015. First, as a software engineer and gradually leveling up until I became Head of Product and Operations for a tech company.
In the beginning, I was just like you — always battling another burnout cycle. After years of trial and error, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong and created a healthy approach to remote work.
This means I have:
- Built healthy work boundaries (I end my workday at 4pm without guilt!)
- Stopped repeating bad habits I picked up while working in-person
- Allowed my work to revolve around my life and not vice versa
In this 35-minute video course, I'll show you how to do the same. You can't be your best self or do your best work while burned out. Let's break the burnout cycle so you can start living your best life!
Your past self wishes you knew all this in 2020.
Your future self will thank you for learning it in 2022
- 35-minute video with actionable advice you can use today on stopping the burnout from remote work
- A Notion page with additional resources to dive deeper into the topics
Why 35 minutes? Because everything in this course is actionable and relevant. No fluff. I focus specifically on the areas within your control. My 1:1 coaching sessions go for $300/hour. This course is a steal.
- Intro - 0:00
- Remote Work Refresher - 2:56
- Undoing Bad Office Habits - 4:43
- Addressing Overwhelming Freedom - 8:55
- Recognizing the Differences - 11:29
- Common Pitfalls and How to Fix Them - 14:33
- Give Yourself a Break - 27:56
- Action Items - 31:03
Hi, I'm Marissa 👋 My background is in software engineering and product management. I've been working remotely since 2015. In 2018, I started my company, Remote Work Prep, to offer fractional Head of Remote services to help others have amazing remote work experiences. My goal is to help you skip the years of trial and error that I went through. You might also enjoy my Twitter, Remotely Interesting newsletter, Mastering Remote Leadership course, and free Slack Hacks guide.
A 35-minute video + a Notion page with additional resources to help you break the burnout cycle now